Saturday, February 7, 2009

We are here!

Finally! It has taken me about an hour to connect with the internet and figure that out. The instructions are in French... where is Laura Andrews when I need her? We got to Kigali just fine, but my roommate Sue and I, both traveling from Indy, after some baggage drama at JFK, did not get our bags. The folks in Brussels say they were scanned which means they were found and if all goes well we will have them tomorrow. I will borrow some clothes and get along just fine till then, but I am really hoping the gifts arrive by Thursday! Anyway I have to pay by the minute so I won't be blogging for long and after emailing Sue's husband I won't be checking my email at all - too expensive ! But I will try to get on and share the highlights. Kigali's airport was small, friendly, and dark - the power keeps flashing off. Didn't see much of the city but it is comfortably warm here and just the right amount of humidity. I am a bit wound up because my body thinks it is the middle of the afternoon. But I am going to bed now and try to sleep. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment